SOLVED

Multiple Engagement Programs vs streams

Go to solution
ndiehl
Level 1

Multiple Engagement Programs vs streams

I am building a product nurture stream and will have multiple entry points to the engagement program (ex: Webinar/White Page/ Brochure/etc.).

Each one example is also part of the others stream; So if you fill out the form to get the brochure your next cast will be the Webinar and vice versa. 

The number of emails and cadence is different based on how you enter the Engagement program

Is it better to create a different engagement program for each lead generation asset or create multiple streams within the same Engagement program.

Nick Diehl
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Multiple Engagement Programs vs streams

Well, if you setup everything in separate streams in a single engagement program in contrast to creating separate engagement programs, your prospects would only be able to receive each content type (ex: Webinar/White Page/ Brochure/etc.) in an exclusive manner because of nature of stream in Marketo's EP, i.e., a person wouldn't be able to co-exist in the streams of a single engagement programs. I would suggest creating trigger based watchdog campaigns to change the streams of people when they fill out the forms.

If your use-case would allow people receiving emails of each content type (ex: Webinar/White Page/ Brochure/etc.) simultaneously then you would not able to pull that off through separate streams in a single engagement programs. Happy to share more / answer any queries if you have any!

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, if you setup everything in separate streams in a single engagement program in contrast to creating separate engagement programs, your prospects would only be able to receive each content type (ex: Webinar/White Page/ Brochure/etc.) in an exclusive manner because of nature of stream in Marketo's EP, i.e., a person wouldn't be able to co-exist in the streams of a single engagement programs. I would suggest creating trigger based watchdog campaigns to change the streams of people when they fill out the forms.

If your use-case would allow people receiving emails of each content type (ex: Webinar/White Page/ Brochure/etc.) simultaneously then you would not able to pull that off through separate streams in a single engagement programs. Happy to share more / answer any queries if you have any!

Hope this helps.

ndiehl
Level 1

Hi Darshil,

Thank you that makes a lot of sense and adding the watchdog trigger campaigns is a good call.

Thank you for taking the time to walk me through that. 

Nick Diehl