SOLVED

Re: Multiple Clicks in Email - marketo error?

Go to solution
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

Multiple Clicks in Email - marketo error?

I'm noticing that we have a a group of people from one company who appear to have clicked in an email dozens of times -- increasing their score. Is this something related to their server? It's about 15 people from the same company that have this inflated score.

Has anyone else seen this before? Did you just auto-reset their scores to 0?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

We haven't seen this exact scenario, but we did have a simliar issue. We sent out an email with the add to calendar function and tried to alert sales for everyone who clicked to add it to their calendar. We ended up sending alerts for 75 people from one company that looked like they had clicked it  – but it turns out it was actually their antispam software checking it out. If it’s just that company, maybe it’s something specific to antispam measures?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Edward_Masson
Level 10

was the email address being used a email alias/distrubuted list?
e.g. sales@, info@
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

No, they are separate email addresses, all at the same domain however.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

was the link to a pdf and they were having issues downloading it?
was several people got the same click number or all diferent?
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

Groups -- several clicked 10 times for example, several 15 times

and no because this is the only domain name that had the issue --and we didn't send them anything special
Anonymous
Not applicable

We haven't seen this exact scenario, but we did have a simliar issue. We sent out an email with the add to calendar function and tried to alert sales for everyone who clicked to add it to their calendar. We ended up sending alerts for 75 people from one company that looked like they had clicked it  – but it turns out it was actually their antispam software checking it out. If it’s just that company, maybe it’s something specific to antispam measures?
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

I assumed it was something spam-related as well -- thanks!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It may also be people forwarding the email to other people. The tracking code gets tied to one person.
Devan_Mairose
Level 2

I'm still seeing this issue and it is becoming more frequent -- now several leads at random companies are experiencing this, where it used to be several leads from only two companies.

Has anyone else seen this? I've re-configured our scoring to only let them run through "clicked email score" once per day, but some of these are spread out over a month.

It definitely can't be forwarding because the clicks are ridiculous -- DOZENS of clicks and spread out over time (i.e. AFTER the event is over they're still clicking). Our click program also EXCLUDES the unsubscribe link, so it is not that.