Multi Product Lead Life Cycle

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi Product Lead Life Cycle

We recently have changed from offering one product to now offering multiple products. When we were just one product focused we had a good grasp on a solid lead life cycle/ scoring to push leads through the life cycle.

The struggle we now face is current customer who would be in the "Closed and Won" stage of the life cycle are now potential prospects for other products. We are leaning towards adding custom lead score fields for each product interest. We just arent certain how to use these leads scores to push them through the lead life cycle. Do we need to have a different lead lifecycle for every product interest or just add a post customer extension to our current lifecycle?

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to handle a lead lifecycle/scoring for leads that belong to multiple markets would be greatly apperciated!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multi Product Lead Life Cycle

Taylor:

We have a very complex mix of products for people buying new large assets and aftermarket support for people who have already purchased. For us, we did choose to build two RCMs based on, for us, new capital asset acquisitions and one for the aftermarket. Each RCM does have separate scoring models for capital assets and aftermarket to help with the proper scoring for each customer group.

In our analysis we chose to build the system as much as possible a model that aligns with how our customers buy from us. I think everyone's business models will be a bit different and require customization that fits you individually. I wouldn'r recommend scoring by individual product as it is not scalable as your business grows. Hope this helps and if you'd like to discuss offline, I'll try to help wherever I can.