Re: MSI Question

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

MSI Question

Hey community,

We currently have 60 Sales Insight licenses, and 103 have been used in the past 30 days. Can someone explain what these licenses  mean and how 103 have been used if we only have 60? Recently, sales has been trying to created views using MSI, however, their team's accounts or owned accounts are now showing up.  I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the licenses or if it's an issue on the SFDC end. Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Alexis,

Please move this discussion to Products​ as it is Marketo-specific.

So this means you have 60 active seats/licenses for use that you are paying for. The 103 number is referring to how many unique SFDC users have viewed a page layout containing MSI in the last 30 days. If an SFDC user views a layout containing the MSI widget, it registers as a license.

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Okay, thanks. Are the licenses unassigned? Is there a way I can see who has a license? I'm trying to understand how I can identify the active seats and if the permissions for those users are different than just viewing the MSI section on a page layout.

Devraj_Grewal

If you navigate to the "Email Add In" tab, you will see all the active and pending licenses.

Dan_Stevens_

Alexis - just out of curiosity, where are you seeing the 103 licenses that have been used?  The only area within the UI that I'm aware of is in Admin:

pastedImage_0.png

And the "used" number only refers to those that have used the email plug-in.  It does not track the number of users in CRM that have seen the MSI iframe.

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Yep, i'm seeing it in Admin.

Carla_Cabaceir1
Level 2

Hi all,

I'm currently facing the same issue, but we just have 10 licenses and the number that shows been used is much larger. What does the word "used in the last 30 days" exactly means? Can this number always be bigger that the number of licenses allowed? Can I have all my SF users have the Sales Insights view without having the license?

When I click on the tab"Email Add in" it shows no licenses exists.

Thank you,

Carla

Carla Cabaceira