SOLVED

Re: MSI - Lock that e-mail down

Go to solution
Kristy_Murphy
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

MSI - Lock that e-mail down

Challenge - We create an e-mail that think it looks pretty good, brand approved, and legal signed off. We load it to MSI and then a sales rep goes in to the e-mail and changes pricing or adds comments which totally aren't approved by brand/legal. Is there anything that we can do other than using images to stop this?

When I say "we" above it for sure isn't "me" that is creating it. That said, if we had to use images as other threads from 2015 note - can we still link those images? We want to get tracking info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kristy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristy! You are in luck!

Marketo is releasing this feature in the next release (Summer '17). Here are the release notes on this:

Release Notes: Summer '17 - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Lock Sales Insight Template

Ensure consistency of message and content by preventing edits to your sales templates. This helps standardize templates and maintain professional communications.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristy! You are in luck!

Marketo is releasing this feature in the next release (Summer '17). Here are the release notes on this:

Release Notes: Summer '17 - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Lock Sales Insight Template

Ensure consistency of message and content by preventing edits to your sales templates. This helps standardize templates and maintain professional communications.

Kristy_Murphy

Terrific news!!!

Will this lockdown happen only in emails sent from Salesforce or will it also lockdown those sent by of the outlook plugin? Just curious!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great question! I do not have insight into that, but can definitely hop back in here and update you if I'm able to find out that info

Anonymous
Not applicable

This looks great but I hope it can be done on an individual email template level, rather than all or nothing.

We have multiple countries and brands using MSI, so locking down for all isn't applicable for us. Our users use MSI to send their own emails in branded templates, as well as sending approved emails that shouldn't be altered.

Just my 2c worth

Kristy_Murphy

Joy,

It looks like based on my last reply w/attachment that it doesn't lock it down for plugins.

Kristy

Kristy_Murphy

Katie,

I just read that you'll have the ability to do it at the individual email level or in mass if you elected to go that route. That is positive news for sure.

I just got this from my PS consultant. See attached.

Kristy