Re: MSI Email Template Management

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

MSI Email Template Management

Does anyone have any good recomendations for managing MSI email templates.  My Marketo instance has a fairly intense folder structure and if I publish an email that I'm using to MSI the Sales Reps have a nightmare trying to find it and have to drill down up to 7 levels sometimes.  I have now created a Sales Team folder at the top level and clone emails into that and then makes those MSI published.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to best manage this?

Thanks,

Gerard

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Within Design Studio we similarly utilize folders to organize them for our sales team. First using folders by channel type: Client, Prospect, etc. Then, within those folders we have another set of folders to organize by subject, which could be product, introduction, events, etc. Nothing too complex but that's what our sales team likes and has given good feedback on.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Thanks Chris.  What I'm stuck on is if we are sending an invite for an event and the sales team want a copy a day or two in advance.  The email has been built as part of an event in Marketing Activities and is probably 5 levels deep which is a nightmare to try and let sales access through MSI.

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Got it, in that case I typically clone the email and place it into Design Studio. It keeps it clean and easy to find for the sellers. Also, new feature from Marketo allows you to set an expiration date on that template. That way once it expires they can't mistakenly send an old template and it keeps the folders clean.