SOLVED

Re: MSD Users - How do you sync 'Has Opportunity - Contact' data to Marketo???

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

MSD Users - How do you sync 'Has Opportunity - Contact' data to Marketo???

Hello all MSD native integration users,

Within our Opportunity entitiy we use a system MSD field to assign Account - which syns data to Marketo so we can filter on 'Has Opportunity - Account'.

However, we don't have a system Contact field in the Opportunity entity to enable 'Has Opportunity - Contact'.  We were advised to create a custom field within the Opportunity entity.  We then need to manually set the 'RELATIONSHIP' within the opportinty to (what we call) Opportunity Contact.  

As just described, this as a manual process and our IT department have said that they are not able to create an automatic workflow for this.  does anybody know a better, automated way to sync 'Has Opportunity - Contact' data to Marketo?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,

Victoria
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jiuying,

Thank you for responding, we thought we might be the only MSDCRM user our there.   Actually, I have heard that there are only 10 MSDCRM/MKTO uses world wide.

We are about to move from 2011-2013 in the New Year.  Did you update or start out with 2013
?

We're considering dropping RCA and using CRM reporting as there is a way to achieve this easily - after a short time of pain setting time stamping and the like.  I hear a lot of SFDC customers are doing the same.

Anyhow, thanks again for responding.

With kind regards,

Victoria

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jiuying_LI
Level 3

Hi Victoria,
We use MSD 2013. Now you have 2 system fields : one is "Account" and another is "Contact". It's sth new for MSD 2013.
Well, our problem is event with this system contact field "contact", we still can't see anything in "'Has Opportunity - Contact'" ...

Does anybody have positive experience for Opportunity - contact sync with MSD ?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Jiuying

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jiuying,

Thank you for responding, we thought we might be the only MSDCRM user our there.   Actually, I have heard that there are only 10 MSDCRM/MKTO uses world wide.

We are about to move from 2011-2013 in the New Year.  Did you update or start out with 2013
?

We're considering dropping RCA and using CRM reporting as there is a way to achieve this easily - after a short time of pain setting time stamping and the like.  I hear a lot of SFDC customers are doing the same.

Anyhow, thanks again for responding.

With kind regards,

Victoria

jiuying_LI
Level 3

Hi Victoria,

We synced our MKT instance after updated our MSD from 2011 to 2013. So for the initial sync, we are with MSD 2013 directly.
For more information,  MKT leadmanagement package didn't support MSD 2013 opportunity sync at the beginning of this year. In the new october's release, the following functionnality is added :

Shareholder Support for Microsoft Dynamics Sync

Sync down opportunity shareholder data from Dynamics. Also supported are opportunities connected to an account using the "Primary Account" field as well as opportunities connected to contact using the "Primary Contact" sync.

So we updated our sync with the new package 3.0. For the moment, we can't see "has opportunity (contact)" neither. We are waiting support's answer...

"Dropping RCA" do you mean you could change from "selected edition" to "standard edition" ?

Best regards,
Jiuying

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jiuying,

We're about to negotiate a new contract as we're considering all options.  We have had so many issues with RCA reporting and the integration in general (admitidly some issure are due to other 3rd party systems and internal process) that we're considering all options.

I'm located in the UK if you fancy a call some time to share ideas/challanges etc...  My email address is: vgoodship@quark.com

Nice to link up.

Kind regards,

Victoria