MS Dynamics Integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

MS Dynamics Integration

Hi all,

we are using MS Dynamics as CRM system and there are two questions:

1) Is it possible to create tasks in Marketo and push them to MS Dynamics (similar to SFDC integration)? I heard about a workaround (hack the connector) but could not find more information about it.

2) We would like to use a direct link to leads in email alerts thus sales reps click on it and are directed to MS Dynamics lead page. Do you know how to create these kind of links (maybe with a token)?

Thanks for your help!

Regards Katrin

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MS Dynamics Integration

For the first one, I am not sure, this is probably going to be done with a web service called from a marketo webhook.  Do you have the web service call from MS Dynamcis?  If so, I can show you how to use it in a webhook

for the second one, you should place these values in a lead field and refer to it in a token

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Katrin - for the second question, you would first grab the ID of the CRM lead record and capture it into a custom field in Marketo (in our case, "Avanade MSDID").  When a lead sync from Marketo to CRM, we wait 30 minutes and then use the following flow step to populate this field (don't let the SFDC name confuse you as this is what Marketo refers to this system "CRM lead ID" token):

pastedImage_1.png

Then within our alerts we formulate a URL (https://your.crm.subdomain/main.aspx?etc=4&id=%7b{{lead.Avanade MSDID}}%7d&pagetype=entityrecord) so that recipient can simply click on the MSD logo (to access the lead in CRM) or click on the Marketo lead link to access a read-only view of the activity in Marketo:

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

There you go, that is a good example