Moving an email blast email into an engagement program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving an email blast email into an engagement program

Hi Marketo community,

Following my first ever email blast (which I ran an A/B test on) I set up an engagement program with the intention that those who received the first email would then receive email 2 of the new program and leads added to the list, receive the first email. 

It looks however like the customers who received their first email a couple of weeks ago in fact received email 1 again.

Would this be because the internal name for the winning email changed from .EM1 to .From address test when the initial A/B test took place?

Should Marketo have recognised that these customers had previously received this email?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitchell

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Moving an email blast email into an engagement program

There are a number of issues here.

• If the email asset ID did not change, and the email was then placed in an Engagement with the SAME leads, the email should not have gone out twice.
  • But if the Email asset ID did change (not the name), then it would go out again. (Asset ID is in the URL)
  • You should not use Engagements unless you have several emails planned or already in the system and intend to send them on a regular cadence (eg: 1/week.) So in this case, just sending a second email in a regular batch would have sufficed and been easier.