Most Recent MQL

Alexis_Romano
Level 2

Most Recent MQL

Hello, I have a universal Marketo program capturing all MQLs and I would like the program to populate the most recent MQL program name. Is there a way to trigger this? The out of the box triggers don't have the actual campaign name. 

3 REPLIES 3
Vladislav_Vagn1
Level 5 - Community Advisor

Re: Most Recent MQL

If you have different programs within Marketo for each "campaign", then you can name your program the name that you want to populate and use the {{Program.Name}} token to populate that to whatever field you are using.

For example, if you have a healthcare campaign, you could name it Q12020-Healthcare-Campaign. Then in the flow of a smart campaign within that program you can pull in a change data value flow step and paste in the {{Program.Name}} token. We do something similar but with adding people to specific SFDC campaigns.

Alexis_Romano
Level 2

If the marketo program is universal for the MQL the program name trigger

wouldn't work. Do you have any suggestion for a work around?

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 6:54 PM, Vladislav Vagner marketingnation@marketo.com

Vladislav_Vagn1
Level 5 - Community Advisor

I think you would need some kind of unique identifier of where the lead is coming from then. Like Conversion URL (the URL somebody converts on), or using UTMs tied to specific campaigns and passing those down to Marketo, or if you are using PPLs then have them send a campaign code to some field.

Then you would just build out logic by adding choice in your smart campaign in Marketo's MQL program to say if "unique identifier" is X then assign to X campaign code. 

It's hard to elaborate since I do not know what you guys are calling MQLs and what kind of actions people are taking (whether they are trackable or not).