Re: Mobile Device Lead Capture for Tradeshows?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobile Device Lead Capture for Tradeshows?

I was curious what people out there are using for electronic lead capture at tradeshows.

We're using both Marketo and Salesforce, so an integration with either would be great. However, more importantly we'd need something that could work offline. (Direct integrations aren't necessary, as importing a CSV file into a MKTO Program isn't a big deal.)

Would appreciate any suggestions and pros/cons!
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subscribing
Edward_Masson
Level 10

we are currently using the free Marketo mobile app, it's limited but does the job.
I believe there is more robust electronic scanners/systems that connnect with Marketo in the Launchpoint center
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the shows I've been going to lately have their own proprietary (read: EXPENSIVE) app for the iPhone or Android. Usually get a CSV export from them, import into SFDC via PeopleImport, clean with DemandTools and use in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ Edward - We tried out the Marketo app, but it seems to be catered towards a "check-in" system for leads already in the system. Looks like there's a Lead capture piece, but as you said it's limited. The breaker for us there is that the lead entry screen seems to be meant for a rep entering the info rather than the Lead. (We're trying to find a simple, more "locked down" interface so that Lead's may enter their own info.)

@ Jason - Yes, we think the hardware scanners and specific apps provided by tradeshow venues are outrageously expensive. We've tried a few universal QR code scanners that come with Lead capture apps on different tradeshow badges, but they never seem to work right with these codes, leading us to believe they are formatted for their proprietary scanning system. No wonder they can lock in such expensive prices... just eliminate any competition.

We're still looking around for something. At this point, our main goal is to find app with a simple UI that is Lead facing... QR scanning and even SFDC/MKTO sync are taking a back seat. I'll post our findings, and of course welcome any more responses or suggestions.
Josh_Perry1
Level 7

You might check out the atevent app that integrates with Marketo.  It is still not the perfect solution, but it might be what you are looking for. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone used the atEvent apps? Any feedback on them?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justin,

Have a look at our event app solution TapEvent in Launchpoint:
http://launchpoint.marketo.com/tapcrowd/1038-tapevent-for-marketo/

With our platform you can build an event app without the need for any technical skills.
Our event apps come in "flavors". We have a flavor for conference organizers, for tradeshow organizers, but also for tradeshow exhibitors. In the latter case, your event app is used by your own sales reps on the booth and/or in self-service kiosk mode on ipads, allowing booth visitors to request brochures and enter their personal details.

In any case, all leads captured are automatically synchronized to Marketo. The app works offline and will sync when internet is available (during or after the show).

Let me know if you have questions or would like a demo.

Best,

Niko