mktoModuleScope question/issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

mktoModuleScope question/issue

Hi,

I'm just starting and learning to build these Marketo Emails, and I have run into a issue that seems to crash the 2.0 editor.

I have defined a meta color variable.. in the header.

<meta class="mktoColor" id="SpacerBGColor" mktoName="SpacerBGColor" default="#FFFFFF">

and the called it in my module, that works, but its a global variable.. I would like a local variable.

<table class="mktoModule wrapper" mktoname="Divider 1" id="Divider_1"   width="600" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="line-height: 0 !important; vertical-align: bottom !important; border-collapse: collapse; ">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td height="5" style="font-size:5px; line-height:5px; background-color:${SpacerBGColor};"></td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

as soon as I add mktoModuleScope="true" and I save it, the editor crashes (doesn't reload sits on the purple screen ) and doesn't reload.

Any ideas would be greatful.

Cheers.

warik

9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: mktoModuleScope question/issue

Hi Warik,

Just to make sure, you are adding the mktoModulescope="true" to the variable definition in the Meta, are you ?

You module is wrapped in a <TD class="mktoContainer">?

You probably want to test adding add a   in the <td>

Can you provide a longer piece of code?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Greg,

My module is wrapped with an td.

<td class="mktoContainer" id="MainCont" width="100%" valign="top" align="center">

As soon as i add the mktoModulescope="true" to the meta, the editor crashes.

I have 13 other modules, but none use the meta class, its weird.

I'm stumped.

warik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

I just wanted to double check the bug, to see if it affected other templates, and it wasn't just my code.

I opened the "Blank Template" in the My templates section, then I added mktoModulescope="true" to the below code.

<meta class="mktoColor" id="ctaBackgroundColor" mktoname="Background Color" default="#ffffff"/>

I saved, then the editor froze, and became unresponsive.

I am running MAC, Chrome, Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit).

Thanks  in advance.

Warik

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Warik,

This si really weird. Probably worth a support ticket.

Justin Cooperman​, would you have any idea?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would, and have tried, but it seems that when I try, the case window times out.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Write and email to supportfeedback@marketo.com

They can reactivate your support account.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers Greg!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I've seen that happen occasionally if you are doing this in the individual Email code editor. You shouldn't see it if you've set it up in the underlying Email Template itself. Basically, sometimes we have some edge case errors when you are editing existing things in emails. We have some open tickets on it, but I would still file a support ticket as Greg advised.

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, I have uncovered a issue, and the support team are looking into it.  Cheers for the help.

Warik