Re: Missing Bizible Attribution Touchpoints

julieko
Level 1

Missing Bizible Attribution Touchpoints

Hi! Since implementing Marketo Measure (Bizible), we noticed that there were a few opportunity related contacts missing an attribution touchpoint even though they should've had one.

For example, the opp closed won date for an opportunity is 5/17/23, and the lead associated with the opportunity filled out a demo request form on 11/16/22 (and the demo request was the reason this opp opened). We're not sure why a Bizible attribution touchpoint isn't pulling through for this opportunity (and none of the suppression rules applied). 

Is it possible to manually force a Bizible attribution touchpoint? Or any way to recreate the Bizible attribution touchpoint?

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Hi, @julieko! There are a few possible reasons why a Bizible attribution touchpoint might not be pulling through for an opportunity, even though it should have. Here are some things to check:

• The touchpoint was not generated. This could happen if the event that triggered the touchpoint was not tracked by Marketo Measure. For example, if the lead filled out the demo request form on a website that was not tracked by Marketo Measure, then no touchpoint would be generated.
  • The touchpoint was suppressed. Ruling out this as you’ve already mentioned that there aren’t any touchpoint suppression rules configured that could potentially be behind the missing touchpoint data.
  • The touchpoint was not created in CRM. Do you see a touchpoint record for this interaction in CRM? A touchpoint record needs to be created in CRM to be associated with the opportunity. If the touchpoint was not created in the CRM in the first place, then it will not show up in the Bizible Discover reports.

If you have checked all of these things and you are still not seeing the touchpoint, then you can contact Marketo support for help.

Also, if you have a form-fill activity in Marketo for these interactions, then you could always create rules to manually create touchpoint records for any form-fill activities on this form. However, I’d first try to get into the root cause of why the touchpoint isn’t created given that the Marketo Measure script is deployed on the site. The last thing you'd want is to have duplicate touchpoints skewing your reports.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

andekempf
Level 1

One other thing I just learned is that there are limitations in place to only write 1000 BAT's per Account - Opportunity relationship such as this due to resource constraints. So if an Account has 2,287 Contacts on it, due to limitations, expect that 1000 records would have the BAT and 1,287 would not.

kascampbell
Level 1

Hi @andekempf,

Thanks for the information we have also been noticing some missing BATs in our reporting as well. Was this limitation communicated from Bizible (Marketo Measure) support? 

I wanted to see if they gave you any information on how this would impact an Account over time? Are they utilizing the most recent 1,000 BATs or the first?

I also sent this information over to our support team to see if they could provide additional details.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@kascampbell, I believe the most recent ones, but I would let @julieko confirm per interaction with the support. I hope they mention this clearly in the Marketo Measure documentation as well.