Migration from Hubspot

Richard_Wasylyn
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Migration from Hubspot

Hello,

We are in the process of migrating from Hubspot over to Marketo and wondering if anyone has run through this process before. I'm looking to get any recommendations and any feedback on issues we should try and avoid. If anyone has advice on what the critical factors are and what to avoid I'd love to hear them.
Richard Wasylynchuk
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Migration from Hubspot

Hey Richard,

We went through the Hubspot to Marketo migration process about a year ago. After a few difficulties with different concepts, we finally got everythign up and running and have been super pleased with the results! If you would like to ask about specifics, shoot em an email at jusrey@smsholdings.com

Thanks,
Jared
Anonymous
Not applicable

Migration between platforms, regardless it is marketing automation, CRM, ERP or anything else goes far beyond moving data.

Porting the existing processes, training, designing new ones to take full advantage of all features are vital to successful migrations. I would suggest actively working with Marketo Professional Services since the start.

For the record and to ensure some impartiality, that is not different in nature from migration between ERP platforms I was involved in the past. There are very successful and very miserable stories of movements between Oracle and SAP.

Richard_Wasylyn

A quick question around the landing page CNAME, in Hubspot we were using info.domainname.com, in the process of migrating we have made the decision to change the CNAME to pages.domainname.com. Is this advisable? Would there be issues keeping the existing CNAME the same? I'm assuming there would be challenges in the timing around the switch over if we kept these the same. I'm just wanting to make sure that we don't create more work having to manage a number of redirects from old landing pages at info.domainname.com over to pages.domainname.com
Richard Wasylynchuk
Anonymous
Not applicable

There would be no harm keeping the same CNAME provided none of the landing pages have similar names.
Richard_Wasylyn

Are there any particular issues we should watch out when we are exporting data from hubspot (csv) and then importing the data into Marketo? I know we'll have to pay particular attention to the field mapping but wondering if there is a known way of exporting activity data out of hubspot that is associated with leads/contacts?
Richard Wasylynchuk