Migrating to new email template for nurture

Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating to new email template for nurture

I'm looking for best practice recommendation around migrating ongoing (nurture) emails to a new template without losing their historical performance data.

The issue I'm having is that we're updating our email templates for the nurture series. All of those emails currently use Template A. If I replace Template A with Template B's HTML, then it will impact my non-nurture emails, which I want to leave as-is for the time being. However, if I import Template B and create all new emails for my nurture series using Template B, then I will lose that historical performance data for my nurture program, because it will treat the Template B emails as new assets.

I'm hoping there is an obvious solution and I'm just not seeing it. 🙂
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Migrating to new email template for nurture

I'm not sure you can do this without having a break between Template A and Template B. You can certainly create a report that displays both assets' data.

replacing/updating an Email Template may not always work well, so test this in an area that DOES NOT modify important assets. Marketo may have fixed this, but there were issues like:

-if the editable areas differ between templates, then you may lose the text
-you may "lose" the email copy initially, so do not Approve the email, you will need to follow some steps to recover it.