Re: Migrating a "warmed" IP Address from one Marketo instance to a replacement instance created by Support:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Migrating a "warmed" IP Address from one Marketo instance to a replacement instance created by Support:

Has anyone had success moving a "warmed" IP Address to the replacement instance when migrating a company to a new instance via and instance copy done by Marketo support?

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Migrating a "warmed" IP Address from one Marketo instance to a replacement instance created by Support:

Hi Mark,

Seen from the "outside" world, if the IP address is the same, I see no reason why your adressee's messaging and antispam systems may see a difference, as long as the domains are also set up identically.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help Greg. My question is "Have you had first-hand experience on a project where Marketo Engineering was able to move an IP address from one Marketo instance to another?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

OK, sorry

No, I have no experiences of this.

For my own Marketo culture, why should it be a problem to move an IP address from one instance to another?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Functionally it seems straight forward. I just don't know if it can be done from the back-end...

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

If the support can change the IP address of an instance, it means they can add it or remove it. Once removed, the IP address becomes free and it should be possible to assign it to the other instance.

Or am I missing something?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a plan. I'll let you know. Thanks for the help.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

It also means that you old instance will be given a second IP, probably a shared or trusted one. Pay attention to this if you have to send emails from it then, as, if the IP quality is lower than that of the dedicated one, it may decrease the reputation of your domain.

-Greg