Re: Merging Tokens into a PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging Tokens into a PDF

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to merge token data into a pdf? Here is my situation:

We have a pdf application that we send out via email with a link to our online application form. We would like it if, clicking the link would take the lead to a pdf with fields such as first name, last name, email address, etc ... pre-populated. I attempted to do this by adding tokens to the pdf form's mergable field and then uploading the pdf to marketo. However, sending an email with a link to this document does not merge in the token fields. I also attempted this by making the tokens URL parameters in the link, but that did not work either.

Anyone have any ideas? If not, I think this would be a nice addition to Marketo.

Thanks,
Will
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

So you tried using this method here? http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfdevjunkie/2009/12/populating_pdf_form_fields_fro.html

This is outside of Marketo's scope and don't see this ever happening here. If you are using SFDC, there are providers that can generate documents based off of field data (or you can do it yourself using Visualforce). That's the route I would pursue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of our customers does this to send out monthly invoices by using Webhooks to populate a custom attribute for each lead.  Of course, this would require a service on your end which gives the unique URL for a given lead.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some time back, I had a customer with similar requirements. I was working with another marketing automation software then. Basically, you will need a web based 'service' which accepts parameters via url and returns a personalized pdf file.

If you have access to a web server which can run java code, you can potentially create a service like that. For my requirements, I created a java servelet which accepted values via http post parameters, and created the pdf on the fly using server based pdf file as template, image files mergeing as logos and even with conditional adding / removing pages from the pdf files based on the parameters passed.

Thus as Raj says above, you can create such a web service, and use Marketo webhook to push data to that service and generate personalized pdf.

I might have the code on one of my old machines. But if you have any questions, I am available at TRajesh71@gmail.com

Hope this helps

Rajesh