Re: Merging leads and Lead Source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging leads and Lead Source

Merging two leads: one lead was just imported and a lead source was indicated. However there was an existing lead in the database for the same lead but the lead source was blank. When I merge the two leads, the lead source listed is the one for the new lead - which is not the correct original lead source. I realize Marketo will do this because the older lead was blank. Is there any work around for this?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

I'm quite sure that if one of the values is empty, Marketo won't display it in the "merge leads" screen and will automatically choose the lead with the value.
I think the best way to overcome this is performing the lead merge in SFDC. this will allow you to choose between all the lead fields (whether they're null or not). the only issue there is that you can't merge leads and contacts.

Itay
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

If your list import always contains the most updated Source, then you can create a custom field called List Import Source.

When you import, map your Lead Source in the CSV field to List Import Source in Marketo.  After your import, create a batch campaign with smart list: Member of List = Your List for example, and in your flow, use Change Data Value to set Lead Source = List Import Source.