Re: {{member.webinar url}} -- Random email recipients not receiving their webinar login link

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

Re: {{member.webinar url}} -- Random email recipients not receiving their webinar login link

I'm planning on running an all new webinar program next month -- all internal tests look good across domains, and no reg errors reported to date... but we will see what happens with the initial run. I have a gut suspicion that there may be something on the client side that may be stripping the url #IBlameOutlook .

I'll let you know how it goes -- thanks for the words of wisdom!

Cheers!

Clinton_Gage3
Level 3

Good luck - ping me if it happens again and we can take a deeper look.

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

Running our live test for a webinar next week -- all looks good so far. Press those thumbs and cross them fingers...

Kristin_Halle
Level 1

Hello! We're experiencing the same issue. I'm interested to know how the extended wait step worked for your second webinar.

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

I set up a 3 minute wait step and in the event it came back as an error, I sent the confirmation only to those that had the status "registered", Those that were not "Registered,"  including "Registration Errors" were dropped on a static list tied to a trigger campaign that waited another 15 minutes attempted to change the status back to registered, then waited 15 minutes before attempting to send the autoresponder. If they were registered, the confirmation mail was sent and they were removed from the static list. If not, I set up an email alert so I could proactively make sure all was good. Worked out pretty well.

I also added some text with an alternative login method as a backup, ie:

Hi {{lead.FirstName}},

Thank you for ... Your login details are as follows:

{{my.Event Name}} --> My Awesome Webinar

Date: {{my.Event Date:default="Thursday | Aug 25, 2016"}}

Time: {{my.Event Date Time:default=10:00a PDT | 1:00p EDT}}

Webinar ID: {{my.Event ID:default=123-456-789}}

Login URL: {{member.webinar url:default=http://joingotowebinar.com}}

Doors will open 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. Please note that you may be prompted to enter the webinar ID and  email address ({{lead.Email Address}}) upon joining the webcast.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

{{my.Email From Name}}

{{my.Email From Title}}

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Do not use an email program within your webinar program to send any auto-responders or reminders that may contain that webinar url token. The email assets must reside directly in the webinar program in order for the {{member.webinar url}} token to work.

I hope this helps/gives you some ideas.

Cheers,

David

Kristin_Halle
Level 1

Thank you! Is the "registration error" you're referring to a status in GoToWebinar?

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

I believe in both go to webinar and webex it is Registration Error – but you may want to double check with GTW...

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

"Registration Error" is actually a program status on the Marketo program side.  That status is assigned when Marketo is not able to register the lead for the webinar through the integration service.