{{member.webinar url}} -- Random email recipients not receiving their webinar login link

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

{{member.webinar url}} -- Random email recipients not receiving their webinar login link

I ran into a new one about a month ago where only some of my recipients were receiving their URLs -- When go into preview the email as that particular lead, the member URL is there. I am not sure if it is a template issue, timing issue or something else.

Setup was simple

• Event Program connected to GoToWebinar
  • Registration Triggers an email Send about 2 minutes post registration to confirm
  • Then subsequent registration reminders were sent @ 1 week 2 days, 6am day of, and 15 minutes prior
  • All emails organized in an "Assets" campaign folder within the event program

It was really random and had to affect at least 10% of my registrants...?

I also tested embedding the token as a link behind some text ie: "Your Join Link" and as a straight unencumbered URL -- no dice: happened in both cases.

Anyone else experience this as well?

Cheers!

David

17 REPLIES 17
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: {{member.webinar url}} -- Random email recipients not receiving their webinar login link

Are you seeing this with the initial registration confirmation only, or the later reminders as well?

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

Re: {{member.webinar url}} -- Random email recipients not receiving their webinar login link

Yup -- both... even with wait steps... was really bizzarre. I had experienced this webex then it magically disapeared then reared up again when I started using GtW...

Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

I leave the confirmation email for at least 5-10 minutes to ensure the connector has updated the Webinar URL properly.  We ran into a similar issue and it was this that was causing the problem.

Also, double check your webinar provider hasn't done any updates and not told you, as sometimes you have to reconnect the webinar accounts.

Thanks

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Juli,

I am having the same issue. What do you mean when you say "I leave the confirmation email for at least 5-10 minutes." Do you put a delay on the send of the confirmation email? Is your confirmation sent through Marketo or GoToWebinar?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A Wait Step in Marketo.

Julz_James
Level 10

HI Jenny,

Exactly as Sanford says - I put a wait step and our confirmations are sent from Marketo.

Thanks

Juli

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hello David,

You will also want to check the program membership status for the affected leads - if they have a status of Registration Error, no URL will be generated to populate the token.

David_Gallaghe2
Level 5

• All emails are batch and blast (not email program nested).
  • I leave a  2 minute wait step in there before sending confirmation emails and have an added constraint to only send confirmation emails to "registered" participants.
  • Registration errors are run through an additional wait step (30 minutes) and set to registered again and set to wait another 10 minutes before attempting a confirmation send. (Had issues with webex at a former gig. Webex liked to time out causing random registrations not to post to webex... this seemed to help.)
  • I've had this happen with both confirmation and reminder emails in the past with the oddity that if I previewed the mail as the recipient and even sent myself a test email ... the registration linked worked just fine.
  • Status for these leads were always registered.

Instant thought in this very moment – I wonder if I must set the status to "registered" in order for my GtW to capture the registration... If it recognizes any new program member as a registrant regardless of program status, I could create a new "Reg Attempted" status, then use that to filter out any in program issues. Time to find the GoToDocs

Clinton_Gage3
Level 3

David, take a hard look at the failures and their membership status, if they error and you reset them you must also change the registration status and have that synched with the provider.