Measuring Marketing Qualified Leads MQLs in Marketo & Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Measuring Marketing Qualified Leads MQLs in Marketo & Salesforce

We are trying to track a lead status which we call Marketing Qualified (MQL) in Marketo and then be able to sync the data over to salesforce to capture on a salesforce dashboard.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how you do this?

I've created a smart list to check for a lead status change to MQL, but I am stuck after that in terms of what to do with that information from Marketo to salesforce.

We don't want to use RCA since a majority of management lives & breathes salesforce reports.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Measuring Marketing Qualified Leads MQLs in Marketo & Salesforce

Does your salesforce sync in real time with Marketo? If yes - you can run a report in Salesforce where lead status = MQL and create a dashboard off that report. We used the gauge as our dashboard component to measure our MQL goal.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is your Lead Status field on both SFDC and Marketo?

Your trigger should be 

Data Value Changes IS Lead Status to New Value IS "MQL"

If you want to track this you can create Lead History and/or a Last Status field in SFDC that listens for this change. There are some more complicated tricks too, but you might have to ask an SFDC Admin.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh! Yes I created that smart list, but I'm having difficulties figuring out how to get that info in salesforce. Any ideas how we can trigger off of this in salesforce through a task/activity history? Thanks!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'm not completely sure what you want to track here. I'd honestly ask an SFDC Admin/Consultant to help make it happen.