MCE Registration-To-Exam-Day Time

Anonymous
Not applicable

MCE Registration-To-Exam-Day Time

How long does it generally take between the time your register to take the MCE exam and the day you actually take it? I want to take the exam in Mid-November. Could I theoretically register to take the exam and take it the next day, or would I need to register in advance (and if so, about how long in advance)? Thanks!

Steve

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: MCE Registration-To-Exam-Day Time

Hi Stephen,

It's been a while since I took the exam, but it doesn't seem like it took that long.  It may have been quicker for me as an employee though.

The best way to get answers for these questions, assuming someone here can't tell you quick, is by emailing certification@marketo.com

Ayana Nickerson​, Can you help Stephen out?

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks John!

Steve

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

When you register for the exam, you schedule it for a specific date and time. If you email certification@marketo.com, they may be able to reschedule you sooner if you already registered.

I just took one of the exams and it appears you cannot change the time easily in their system if you are within a 72 hour window. So be careful with the choice of dates. I was also able to schedule the exam within 1 day.

BTW, if you take this at home, it requires a NON embedded video camera that can view your entire desk so the proctor can ensure you do not cheat. I suggest picking up the logitech series and ensuring you can clip it somewhere near your desk. Do not wait until the last minute

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Update - I found out from Kryterion that the laptop/embedded video is OK! It doesn't say that on the screen or anywhere else, so just proceed and you should be ok with the proctor.