SOLVED

MCE - create and run custom reports for Marketing Calendar? (certification)

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

MCE - create and run custom reports for Marketing Calendar? (certification)

Hey all,

Looking at the MCE preparation guide, it says you should know how to "create and run custom reports" for the Marketing Calendar.

Can anyone point me to more educational resources on what this is?

I found the Program Schedule view info under Programs.. is the the Presentation mode stuff?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: MCE - create and run custom reports for Marketing Calendar? (certification)

Allison Sparrow​ - looks like that is a mistake (that bullet looks copied from the Reporting and Analytics section above the Marketing Calendar on the checklist). There's no report type for calendar that exists from my knowledge

My assumption would be that it is meant to have information about filtering the calendar.  Most of what you need to know about calendar should be in the Docs: Marketing Calendar - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Allison Sparrow​ - looks like that is a mistake (that bullet looks copied from the Reporting and Analytics section above the Marketing Calendar on the checklist). There's no report type for calendar that exists from my knowledge

My assumption would be that it is meant to have information about filtering the calendar.  Most of what you need to know about calendar should be in the Docs: Marketing Calendar - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Philip_Tieu
Level 5

Hi Allison, we have a virtual class coming up in August for Passport holders titled "Marketing Calendar and Program Schedule View" the abilities linked to the course include:

• State the differences between the Global Calendar and Program Schedule Calendar
  • Issue calendar licenses to users
  • Create custom entry types
  • Create, save, and share filters
  • View entries via agenda or details
  • Show program focus from the Global Calendar
  • Add a global overlay to the Program Schedule Calendar
  • Reschedule, create, confirm, and delete entries
  • Build an entire event program from the program schedule

I took the course myself and learned a lot about the Marketing Calendar! I don't recall being able to create/run custom reports but maybe it's referring to the ability to create, save, and share filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's a typo in the prep guide. Perhaps reach out to the doc owner to fix that wording?

Philip_Tieu
Level 5

Thanks Allison! I'll edit the .pdf and send it to the Certification Manager and let her know!