Mass Updating a date field

Yonder_Buslon
Level 2

Mass Updating a date field

Hi everyone,

I have an 800+ person file with a date field that I need to update in the main database. Is there an easy way I can do a mass sweeping update on that one date field? I tried creating a Smart Campaign to do a "Change Data Value", but it won't accept the value in the file. If anyone has a solution or can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

-yonder

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Mass Updating a date field

You seem to be saying "file" (implying an imported CSV) but also "Smart Campaign" (implying you to run this without an import). Which one is it?

Yonder_Buslon
Level 2

Yes, it was a CSV file I uploaded into a list. Then I pointed the Smart Campaign to that list. I was hoping I could change the date values in the main database with the ones in the list after I run it, but that didn't work.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

? If you didn't map your date column as part of the import process itself, the Static List in which the imported leads were placed doesn't give you access to it. The file itself isn't stored anywhere!

If the column is formatted correctly (ISO date, "yyyy-MM-dd") you can map and write it during an import.