Re: Marking people as unsuspended during a campaign flow

Nick_Nappo
Level 4

Marking people as unsuspended during a campaign flow

I sent an email to 342 people, but 297 were marked as email blocked.

Those 297 didn't receive the email.

I went in after the first send and marked those 297 as unsuspended.

Are they going to receive any subsequent emails?  Or not, because they were suspended at the beginning of the send?

2 REPLIES 2
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

If your question is whether they would receive subsequent emails within the same flow then yes - if a person is blocked from receiving one email in a flow for mailability reasons, and their mailability status changes before the next send, they should receive that one. Being blocked from a send for mailability reasons won't remove a lead from a flow - it basically just means they skip that flow step.

As a side note: you mention that ~85% of your target recipients were marked as blocked, and you then jumped in and "unsuspended" those people. I'm assuming you're referring to the Marketing Suspended field here. 

I'd recommend that you exercise caution changing these fields on the basis of wanting to email specifically those people; marketing suspend processes are typically in place to protect your deliverability & sender reputation - ignoring them could do significant damage. For 85% of a target list to be blocked is very high - I would look to see (a) whether your suspend practices are overzealous, and if not, (b) find out what your causes of suspend are - it may be indicative of other issues.

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6

I'd recommend that you exercise caution changing these fields on the basis of wanting to email specifically those people; marketing suspend processes are typically in place to protect your deliverability & sender reputation - ignoring them could do significant damage. For 85% of a target list to be blocked is very high - I would look to see (a) whether your suspend practices are overzealous, and if not, (b) find out what your causes of suspend are - it may be indicative of other issues.

What Grace Brebner‌ said is really important - that's a high % of folks who were blocked. 

On a different note (because I've done this before!)... if/when you send an email via a smart campaign and want to re-send after reactivating a few folks to be emailable, just make sure the settings on your campaign are set so that a person can run through the campaign more than once.