SOLVED

Re: Marketo Tracking Links Not Rendering Properly

Go to solution
Chris_Vanderma1
Level 4

Marketo Tracking Links Not Rendering Properly

I just tried sending myself a live email via smart campaign. My Marketo tracked links are rendering like this:

http://go.lookbookhq.com/dc/$mktEncrypt.encrypt($mkturl1)/T0tU50K00000sM900s4fXXX

And are resolving to a 404 page:

404 Not Found

The redirect url is empty

Any idea why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Vanderma1
Level 4

Thanks Sanford. I also checked another instance of Marketo of ours and it is working fine as well. Coincidentally I just got this reply from Marketo support:

Looking into this further for you, this looks to be a server wide issue for the server hosting your Marketo instance, and an engineering ticket is currently open for this issue. I have attached this case to the engineering ticket, and Marketo engineers are working on a fix as I type this.

Looks like we lost on a high-stakes game of server roulette. Thank goodness I pulled the plug on a large email send scheduled for this afternoon.

I appreciate the help everyone was able to provide, looks like the case is closed on this one.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ooh boy, you should not be seeing that.  Open a high-pri support case.  Looks like something isn't being run through a parser and is showing variable/function names.

Chris_Vanderma1
Level 4

Thanks, exactly what I thought. Looks bad. I've submitted a P1 ticket 15 minutes ago. We shall see!

Chris_Vanderma1
Level 4

I'm just really curious whether this is isolated to our instance, or system wide. Anyone else experiencing anything similar on emails sent via smart campaign or email send program (ie NOT sent via "Send Sample...").

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

I just tested it and we're not getting that error.

Best of luck.

Chris_Vanderma1
Level 4

Thanks!

I believe I've narrowed it down. Looks like it's only impacting links that have lead fields being merged in via token. ie:

http://www.abc123.com/hello?lead_first_name={{lead.first name}}

Anyone able to independently verify that?

Again it's only when an email is actually sent. Not a test email.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A link with {{Lead.Id}} interpolated still worked for me.

Chris_Vanderma1
Level 4

Thanks Sanford. I also checked another instance of Marketo of ours and it is working fine as well. Coincidentally I just got this reply from Marketo support:

Looking into this further for you, this looks to be a server wide issue for the server hosting your Marketo instance, and an engineering ticket is currently open for this issue. I have attached this case to the engineering ticket, and Marketo engineers are working on a fix as I type this.

Looks like we lost on a high-stakes game of server roulette. Thank goodness I pulled the plug on a large email send scheduled for this afternoon.

I appreciate the help everyone was able to provide, looks like the case is closed on this one.