Marketo tracked link in Agical ICS

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Marketo tracked link in Agical ICS

All,

has anyone experimented (and succeeded) with getting a tracked Marketo link into an Agical generated ICS?

Cheers

Jo

12 REPLIES 12
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo tracked link in Agical ICS

You mean decorating a link in, for example, the Agical Description field with the mkt_tok originally attached to the Agical URL itself?
Jo_Pitts1

Something along those lines.

The goal is to use clicking the join link as a proxy for attendance.

I'm pondering a landing page with a redirect to the meeting as an alternative.  However, the former approach is less dependent on the device used to register vs the device used to attend.

SanfordWhiteman

You can add

mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

to your internal link.

Jo_Pitts1

I'm presuming that this approach still needs to go through a landing page to get Munchkin associations happening?

SanfordWhiteman

Most likely, yes. The mkt_tok never has any meaning outside of Marketo.  But if you’re sending people to a service that can preserve and pass the original mkt_tok to Marketo, you could do the association after the fact.

Jo_Pitts1

@SanfordWhiteman wrote:

Most likely, yes. The mkt_tok never has any meaning outside of Marketo.  But if you’re sending people to a service that can preserve and pass the original mkt_tok to Marketo, you could do the association after the fact.

Ha.. if I could do that I'd not be needing to take this whole red-neck approach to tracking attendees 🙂

SanfordWhiteman

I mean (to give a totally random example) a service like Zoom Meetings can send a webhook with registrant info.

Jo_Pitts1

Zoom meetings, or Zoom Webinars?

SanfordWhiteman

Both!