SOLVED

Re: Marketo Token in Externa Page

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Token in Externa Page

Is the marketo token work in external web pages, if i embedded the munchkin scripts in the page?.

I am asking that "{{lead.Email Address:default=edit me}}" will retrieve the email address from marketo to an external page or it will work only on marketo page?.

if its not, is there any way to retrieve email in external page using munchkin script?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Tokens only work locally to Marketo, including landing pages, but do not work on external pages.  You would need to implement something using one of the APIs in order to retrieve the data for the record you wanted and show it on the page, like this.  There are also ways to implement this directly from a CMS without involving Marketo, but those would require storing the data externally.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Arunkumar,

Marketo tokens will not work on external pages.  You may be able to get the lead's email address through some custom coding, but the munchkin script won't be able to help with that.  Kenny Elkington​​ may have some suggestions on how to do this.

John

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Tokens only work locally to Marketo, including landing pages, but do not work on external pages.  You would need to implement something using one of the APIs in order to retrieve the data for the record you wanted and show it on the page, like this.  There are also ways to implement this directly from a CMS without involving Marketo, but those would require storing the data externally.