Re: Marketo Testing for New Users

Tammy_Chan
Level 3

Marketo Testing for New Users

Hi - does anyone know of any tests that Marketo has similar to SF's Trailheads or if there are any recommendations for vendors that have a testing ability to measure someone's knowledge in Marketo?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

Hi Tammy,

Have you reviewed Marketo's educational resources? The best way to validate a user's Marketo knowledge is to have the person prepare and take the Marketo Certified Expert exam.

Learn more about Marketo Certified Expert Exam Preparation.

Tammy_Chan
Level 3

Hi Nick

Thanks I'm looking for something more general knowledge testing for campaign managers, not sure it makes sense for them all to get certifications bc they're not in it 100% of the time...

Nicholas_Hajdin
Level 7 - Champion Alumni

I still think the Marketo Educational resources will help with self-guided learning, a prerequisite to ensure your users have the knowledge they need to be active in your instance. You could have a super user (or whoever is primarily responsible for your Marketo instance) create a questionnaire to measure competency.

Joe Reitz gave a good presentation at Marketo Summit which offers advice on training for all knowledge levels, as well as additional training resources. You can review the deck here: AWSome Sauce: 10 Marketo Life Lessons From An Enterprise Org

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Hi Tammy,

I would check out Six Bricks. Six Bricks | Experienced-based Marketing Education

That's exactly what they do.

Tammy_Chan
Level 3

awesome thanks for the suggestion!

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

How does this compare to Marketo's own instructor-led training? (Core Concepts, etc...what used to be called Foundations)    

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

I believe it's as good or better, to be honest. Six Bricks is the brainchild of LeadMD, a premier partner with Marketo. I only really got to see the offerings in beta, but last time I did, they were working on a Marketo simulator to use for testing purposes. It was pretty slick.

Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

When I was preparing for my MCE I took some posts that are still on the Community and formatted them into a small quiz Marketo Practice Exam - Google Sheets

You can find the original questions by searching the community for them.

Extra: All credit goes to Kristen Carmean

BONUS:

Tips for the New MCE (Marketo Certified Expert) Exam (pretty awesome post!!)

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can you make this public?

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Justin Laberge <marketingnation@marketo.com

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor