Re: Marketo Templates Not Displaying Correctly on Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Templates Not Displaying Correctly on Mobile

Hello Marketo Community,

I'm pretty new here, so maybe something really obvious and easy to fix is going on here... Hoping you all can help me out.

We are having a lot of issues with the Marketo templates not displaying correctly, in general (are you???), but this particular issue is currently at the top of our list of things we need to address:

When I send an email, it looks pretty good in Outlook - I've had to finagle things quite a bit, but we've got it working - however, on mobile, the justification is all off (see image attached).

Fig. 1 looks good - you'll notice that the bottom module still has the original template content in it and the rest of the content is mine, but soon as I drop original content in that last module the email stops displaying correctly on mobile, see Fig. 2.

Yes, the image is the exact recommended size (389x258), and no I haven't edited anything in the code.

Thank you for any advice/input you all may have!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When dropping content into the last module - is that an image that you're inserting, or is it a table with editable text?

If you're able to download the HTML of the original email, plus the HTML of the new email, and attach it to the post, I can take a look and compare to see if somehow the template code was thrown off by adding the new content in that module.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've since edited that email (still having the same issues), so it will look different, is that ok? I could attach the original template HTML and the HTML of my final email.

One problem though, when I hit download HTML in my edited email nothing happens. I am able to download the unedited template no problem, though...

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, the question is - if I copy and paste the HTML, what's the best way to do that? Word doc ok?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When editing the email, did you go to Email Actions -> HTML Tools -> Download HTML? That should get you what you want.

From there, copy and paste it into notepad, and not Word (so many rendering problems...), and then save as filename.html. Then upload that one.

Fun fact: The reason emails on Windows Outlook always look weird and wonky when you've gotten them to work on almost every other platform, is because Outlook renders its HTML through Word, and not through webkit. Mac Outlook doesn't have that issue, though. Email coding is way more tricky than one would expect, so don't feel bad!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that's what I'm doing - works on the unedited template, but not my final email.

I will just try copying that into notebook.

Thank you, Alex!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, here are the notepad files - they don't have numbered lines...

I downloaded the HTML for Snowbunny, as I mentioned, but it's not code... I've attached that as well.

Let me know if this won't work and I can try something else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Alex,

I just wanted to circle back around and see if you were able to figure out what the issue/solution might be?

Thank you so much for your help on this!

Cheers,

Ashe