Re: Marketo template sent and tracked via Gmail plugin, but not showing up in Activity Log

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo template sent and tracked via Gmail plugin, but not showing up in Activity Log

Hi all!

A member of our Customer Success team has started using the Marketo Insights plugin for Gmail to send monthly updates to customers. In addition to using a Marketing-created template, she tracked her email send with the plugin.

For whatever reason, though, that email send is not reflected in the respective recipients' Activity Logs in SFDC. I even went in and looked at the leads individually in Marketo, thinking there may have been a sync error between SFDC and Marketo; however, there is no record that the email was ever sent nevertheless delivered. Oddly enough, though, other emails (specifically a trade show invite) that were sent from our Marketo system within a 1-2 day window are tracked and displaying properly.

Is it possible that the email our CS team sent did in fact not send at all (or deliver) to recipients? We want to make sure that she doesn't need to send another email to makeup for any gaps.

Any help is super appreciated! Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Marketo template sent and tracked via Gmail plugin, but not showing up in Activity Log

Hi Jasmine,

Your question belongs to the Products​ section of the community. Read here to learn more.

When an email is sent with Sales Insight, the activity type is "was sent sales email".

There is not reason that the email designed by your CS team would not be sent if it's a regular email, does not contain attachments.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying - I've moved the thread. Back to the topic at hand...

I'm aware that the activity type is "was sent sales email." My point is that not even that is showing for most of the 10 recipients (only one has the activity logged.) Hence the confusion!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jasmine,

If the activity is not showing, there is a big chance that the email has not been sent. A few questions (sorry if you feel I am asking obvious things, I am trying to exclude any root cause):

• In these activity logs, can you see any email open / email clicked activity that would let you think that the email have been sent? (and BtW, do your sales send emails with some clickable leads) ?
  • As you cannot exclude the fact that the sales made a mistake in sending the email, have you tried to replicate the issue yourself ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem! Happy to clarify.

• No, I do not see any record of the email having been sent. There are records of other sales emails sent, but this particularly email is not reflected in any form. (And no, this email did not have any clickable links. It was just a text update.)
  • I have not tried to replicate the issue, as I didn't want to possibly double send emails to these folks. But that's a logical next step if in fact it did not send.