SOLVED

Marketo Sync Failing

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Sync Failing

Hi there

My Marketo-Salesforce sync is failing due to a new custom object setup. I am new to custom objects and keen to see if anyone knows where I am going wrong. The custom object is called "Property Listing". The below error shows up in Marketo for the reason the sync fails, and it mentions a field "Property_Listing_History" which I have not created and have no idea what it is related to.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Salesforce Sync Error

Could not complete your Salesforce sync!

Why: The following required fields are hidden from the Salesforce sync account xxx@xxx.com:

ObjectField
Property_Listing__HistorySystemModstamp

What to do now?

Edit the visibility permissions in Salesforce for the required fields.

Learn about required Salesforce permissions for the Salesforce sync account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Re: Marketo Sync Failing

Hi Bayley's

It looks like the Property Listing object has a sub-object, Property_Listing__History.  That sub-object cannot be synced.  Try disabling sync for that sub-object and see if that will allow the main object to sync.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Is the field read-only to the Marketo user in SFDC? If so, it needs to have full permissions (ie: read/write).

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi Bayley's

It looks like the Property Listing object has a sub-object, Property_Listing__History.  That sub-object cannot be synced.  Try disabling sync for that sub-object and see if that will allow the main object to sync.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Roxann, that worked!!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

SFDC History objects don't have the SystemModStamp field, so they aren't compatible with the Marketo Custom Object sync.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please discuss with your SFDC Admin or if you are the Admin, do what Jenn suggests.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi,

Kenny's point is right: you have tried to map to Marketo an SFDC object, Property_Listing_History, that is a SFDC generated object. SFDC creates _history objects when you activate field history on an object. This SFDC generated objects is very specific in it's structure and you cannot change it's fields nor edit them, nor change the rights on it. And this object has no modstamp, making it impossible for Marketo to sync with it.

So in other words, sorry for the bad news, mapping this field is just not possible.

-Greg