Re: Marketo Structural Map

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Structural Map

Hi- in an effort to try to get the 'big picture' of Marketo, I've been putting together a structural map of all of Marketo's elements and try to understand how everything is related.  It's very far from finished, but I'd love some feedback on it to see if I have this structure correct or if anything high-level should be added.

Thanks so much!

pastedImage_0.png

4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Nicole,

Just a couple of suggestions on the terms we usually use.

I would say -Programs package and track your marketing efforets; includes Program Members, Member Status, assets and content used to engage with leads, Smart Campaigns (determines how you interact with your leads, for example sends an email to a person who engaged with a form using Flow Steps & rules) and reporting metrics

Also, we usually say that Smart campaigns contain 4 parts or 4 W's  The Who(Smartlist), The What(Flow), The When(Schedule), The Wow(Results).

Hope that helps!

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this feedback, John.  Do you have any input about how I've laid the structure out, and how I linked the different elements together?

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Nicole,

The setup you have is what I would recommend, as keeping all of the assets for a single program within that program helps to reduce confusion later.  The only thing I would say is that smart campaigns can live outside any specific program.  They don't have to be associated with any particular program.  Creative assets (Landing Pages, Emails, Templates) can also live in the Design Studio, and Lists of either type can live in the Lead Database.  All of these can be created independent of any particular program.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for this input!