Re: Marketo/Slack Launchpoint integration

ColinWhite_CP
Level 1

Marketo/Slack Launchpoint integration

I am looking to set up Marketo integration with Slack, and there is surprisingly little info available. I see that Marketo announced a Launchpoint integration with Slack in 2018, but it does not seem to be available now in Marketo. There is a page for it in the Slack app directory, but the link just goes to the Marketo product docs home page. Does anyone know the status?

5 REPLIES 5
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What are you trying to do with Marketo and Slack? The Launchpoint integration is pretty limited. You can accomplish a lot more with webhooks.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
ColinWhite_CP
Level 1

I want to be able to simply post new Marketo form submit alerts in a Slack channel. I saw the Launchpoint integration announcement and thought that would be a good place to start, but info on it seems to have ghosted. What's the best source of documentation for setting something like that up via webhook?

Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marketo has deprecated this Launchpoint integration. It had limited use cases and ended up breaking due to changes on the Slack side. Recommend using webhooks instead.

https://developers.marketo.com/blog/integrating-slack-with-marketo

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-discussions/tutorial-marketo-and-slack-integration/td-p/134402

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Chargotra
Level 2

Great info @Amy_Goldfine thanks and yes webhook will be the best route to follow for now.

ColinWhite_CP
Level 1

Thanks, we ultimately figured out what we needed to do with webhooks. But it would be great and save future research time for others if Adobe/Marketo and Slack could get on the same page regarding whether the Launchpoint integration exists or not.