SOLVED

Marketo Sky Event Cap and Unregistering not being accounted for

Go to solution
Edward_Rumsey
Level 3

Marketo Sky Event Cap and Unregistering not being accounted for

I have setup the event cap on Marketo Sky. However, if the event cap is reached and then someone's program status changes (to not registered because they want to unregister etc.), the event cap does not take this into account and anyone who then tries to register is put on the waitlist - even though the event cap hasn't been met.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way to update the event cap count if someone can no longer attend?
Best,
Edward Rumsey
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Re: Marketo Sky Event Cap and Unregistering not being accounted for

Hi @Edward_Rumsey 

The event cap depends on the form fill activity and would deliver only 2 statuses i.e Registered and Waitlisted. So even if someone unregisters, the counter would still reflect Registered or Waitlisted because at some point that lead must have submitted the registration form. Also, once there are members in the program the event cap can only be increased.

So when someone unregisters and the event cap is already reached, it is suggested to store this activity under different status (Registration Cancelled or something relatable to it). If you want to see how the registration process is progressing, it is suggested to refer Members tab instead of Reports in the overview.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Hi @Edward_Rumsey 

The event cap depends on the form fill activity and would deliver only 2 statuses i.e Registered and Waitlisted. So even if someone unregisters, the counter would still reflect Registered or Waitlisted because at some point that lead must have submitted the registration form. Also, once there are members in the program the event cap can only be increased.

So when someone unregisters and the event cap is already reached, it is suggested to store this activity under different status (Registration Cancelled or something relatable to it). If you want to see how the registration process is progressing, it is suggested to refer Members tab instead of Reports in the overview.

Hope this helps!

Kiran000
Level 1

Is there any way the Event Cap automatically made to increase if there is an increase in cancelled status. Currently I create an alert email when some one cancels the event and manually increase the event cap. If there is an automation available for this it will be very easy.

Kiran