SOLVED

Marketo - Salesforce Sync

Go to solution
S_D1
Level 4

Marketo - Salesforce Sync

We have Account Name in Salesforce and have their product interest (updated by sales people)

We have Custom field - " Company" in Marketo which does not have product interest mapped.

I want to map the Product Interest of Accounts( from Salesforce) with Company( in Marketo).

The ultimate goal is -  segmentation of contacts in Marketo based on their product interest.

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Marketo - Salesforce Sync

Sorry, but you do not answer my question. Is "product interest" a field ? if so, on which object? Or is it a custom object ? and if so, how is it linked to the account object ?

Any field in the account can be mapped to Marketo. you simply have to give access to this field to the Marketo sync user in SFDC. If it's a custom object, you will have to map a custom object in Marketo admin.

The easiest solution would be to have a multi-valued picklist field in SFDC account that you would sync to Marketo.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

How are these product interest stored in SFDC ? 1 or multiple fields in the account objet ? Another, custom, object ?

-Greg

S_D1
Level 4

Yes, product interest stored only in SFDC.

I want to map the same with Custom field( company) in Marketo.

The issue is : We are not able to segment Marketo contacts based on product interest.  But we have the data available in SFDC --> Account name and product interest.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Sorry, but you do not answer my question. Is "product interest" a field ? if so, on which object? Or is it a custom object ? and if so, how is it linked to the account object ?

Any field in the account can be mapped to Marketo. you simply have to give access to this field to the Marketo sync user in SFDC. If it's a custom object, you will have to map a custom object in Marketo admin.

The easiest solution would be to have a multi-valued picklist field in SFDC account that you would sync to Marketo.

-Greg