Re: Marketo SalesForce Sync Error

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo SalesForce Sync Error

Hello Community!

We have been having an issue with our Salesforce (SFDC) sync over the past few weeks that I'm hoping you can help with. Every morning around 3am, our Marketo instance sends a notification that our SFDC sync has failed. The issue listed is incorrect credentials. We've changed the password twice to try to remedy the problem, and adjusted the token accordingly.

If we re-type the password into the credentials, we are able to sync immediately. But, they're still failing almost every morning. The credentials are correct when we type them in, but still fail not even 24 hours later (with no change to the account in SFDC, and without anyone logging in).

Here are the notifications. Please let me know if you've seen this before or have any advice for a fix. Appreciate it!
Taylor

0EM50000000Sx8F.jpg
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you submitted a support ticket for this yet?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did submit a ticket, and after quite a few transactions, the response was "Did you still need my assistance with this by any chance? I'd recommend that you reach out to SFDC to troubleshoot further why they're returning an Invalid Password error for that user."

Since the Marketo support response was to reach out to SFDC, I was hoping this had happened to someone else, so I could benefit from lessons learned.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Taylor,
Since it happens at a certain time everyday... there are Salesforce rules that can restrict a user login to only be valid at specific times of day. I would check with your SFDC admin to make sure the SFDC user you have setup for the Marketo sync doesn't have any restriction for login times. 

Otherwise, if it is still hapening, then probably reaching out to SFDC makes sense.

Good luck!
Sheila

Dina_Otero
Level 2

In addition to checking the login times, make sure the SFDC user has "marketing user" checked in the user record.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds a lot like restricted login times in SFDC to me too, given that it only happens in the wee hours of the morning. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, all. We double-checked the login times and we don't have any restrictions, so that's not the issue.
We also have "marketing user" selected in the preferences.

After looking through the log of activity on the SFDC username, it seems like the password/token from the Marketo Sync user are rejected 4-5 times by SFDC and then accepted on the last try. Since that's the case, this is probably an issue on the Salesforce side of the integration equation. We will follow up with SFDC to assess why we're being locked out with the correct credentials and permissions.

Thanks for the help!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Found the solution? i am facing the same issue, in SF it all looks legit but i keep getting sync issues for credentials