Re: Marketo - Salesforce Re-Engaged Lead/Contact. How to identify record with different Products on the same Lead on Form Submission?

dhatchayini7
Level 2

Marketo - Salesforce Re-Engaged Lead/Contact. How to identify record with different Products on the same Lead on Form Submission?

Hi,

If a lead comes from Marketo through the Fill Out Form and again the same lead submits the form with different products(i.e,. said to be Re-Engaged), records need to be identified uniquely based on product submission in salesforce(for each form submission). May I know the possible ways of achieving this in Salesforce? 

Note: I tried with related objects of lead(Task, Case), please let me know the other options like this.

Products --> Multi - Select Picklist

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo - Salesforce Re-Engaged Lead/Contact. How to identify record with different Products on the same Lead on Form Submission?

If a lead comes from Marketo through the Fill Out Form and again the same lead submits the form with different products(i.e,. said to be Re-Engaged), records need to be identified uniquely based on product submission in salesforce(for each form submission). May I know the possible ways of achieving this in Salesforce? 

Note: I tried with related objects of lead(Task, Case), please let me know the other options like this.

Products --> Multi - Select Picklist

Case doesn’t necessarily fit. Depends on how you currently use Case.

Task is the most straightforward to do from Marketo as it can be directly created for each form fillout.

You can also consider enabling automatic Marketo → SFDC Activities Sync for Filled Out Form, as it’s not as likely to cause confusion as other activities. (I don’t recommend using sync for the other activities because only one will be recorded per day, while you may be okay with that limit for Filled Out Form.)

dhatchayini7
Level 2

If going with the task means, 

1. How can we go with the task like in the lead process?
  2. How to manage the assignment to the different owners for each task whenever the form is submitted from the same lead of different products?

Query: Instead of Task and Case object, can we go with the custom object approach?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. How can we go with the task like in the lead process?

Not sure what you mean? The flow step is Create Task.

How to manage the assignment to the different owners for each task whenever the form is submitted from the same lead of different products?

You can set the Task Owner in the Create Task step. You can’t automatically round-robin — again not clear if that’s what you mean — but you could use Random Sample to pseudorandomly assign. Note randomness doesn’t mean the same person can’t be assigned 2x in a row, by definition.

Query: Instead of Task and Case object, can we go with the custom object approach?

Marketo can’t create SFDC Custom Objects. You could transform a Task into a CO on the SFDC side perhaps.