Marketo-Salesforce Integration Changes on Fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo-Salesforce Integration Changes on Fields

Hello all,

After receiving the emails from Marketo about the change in SFDC integration with the syncing of 16 fields I have a question if any of you understand whats going on. We only use one of the fields that will be effected in the MLM integration, Lead Score. When looking at the product docs and FAQs support provided it looks like you only need to make a custom field if you want the field in the Lead/Contact layout. But if you only want to keep Lead Score reflected and syncingin the Sales Insight object you do not need to create the new field. Can anyone clarify this? I was going to reach out to support as well but figured I would start here!

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 9.43.30 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Re: Marketo-Salesforce Integration Changes on Fields

Hi Amanda, I sent you an e-mail on this as well, but yes you would need to setup the Custom Object for Lead Score.

Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Marketo-Salesforce Integration Changes on Fields

Hi Amanda,

You're correct - you only need to recreate the fields (of those MLM fields) that you want to have available to you in SFDC on a page layout. If you just want to see it in Sales Insight, it does not need to be recreated. However, if you just want the one field (Lead Score), you may as well recreate it in SFDC so you could add to a layout in the future if you want. It's not a lengthy process.

Kim