Marketo - Salesforce campaign sync to show ROI

Cinnsprinkle
Level 1

Marketo - Salesforce campaign sync to show ROI

Hi all,

My team and I are currently exploring new ways to optimise syncing our Marketo programs to Salesforce campaigns - we'd like to be able to use the SFDC campaign object to show the results/ROI of each of our Marketo campaigns. Does anybody have any best practices on this? Are there any particular fields you have managed to sync successfully to help paint a better picture of the ROI of your work? Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
jsiebert
Level 4

Re: Marketo - Salesforce campaign sync to show ROI

@Cinnsprinkle - In my experience, it's been easier to use the 'Salesforce Campaign Sync' feature to auto-sync your Marketo campaigns to the SFDC Campaign Object. It creates a new campaign that is immediately tied to your campaign. 

My personal best practices for measuring success:

1. Make sure you log your campaign expenses in Marketo using the Period Cost feature rather than the Salesforce Campaign Cost - Period cost will sync over to Salesforce but Salesforce Campaign Cost does NOT sync back over to Marketo 
  2. Make sure you take advantage of your Campaign's Program statuses and success statuses! These are automatically synced on the lead level for the campaign and will show up in Salesforce for reporting

I don't have any experience reporting on the ROI from a Salesforce perspective, but if you use the period cost and program statuses, this is at least a good start in terms of OOTB capabilities that don't require additional field syncing setups. 

Jack Siebert