Re: Marketo Redirect Question

Virginia_Smith
Level 2

Marketo Redirect Question

Hello,

The company I work for witnessed two days in September where there were huge jumps in traffic on our website. After digging into this more it appears that the spike in traffic was associated with redirects from our Marketo account. My boss wants me to dig into this to see what happened and I am not sure where to even look in Marketo to answer her question. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Virginia

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Unexpected requests to your corporate website b/c of Marketo config will happen in these cases:

• LPs once existed in Marketo and have now been removed (but mistakenly remain in ads and/or in people's inboxes) and the fallback page is your corporate website.
  • You haven't set your favicon.ico correctly in Marketo, so the fallback page is kicking in and browsers are requesting your main page (but not any of its JS or CSS, it should be noted) under the hood. This is very unlikely to be what they're talking about but is included for completeness.
Virginia_Smith
Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply! I inherited this Marketo instance a few months ago. Is there an easy way to figure out which LP is causing the problem? 

SanfordWhiteman

First thing I'd do is change your fallback page to include ?mktofb=true in the query string to ensure this really is Marketo-related.

Virginia_Smith
Level 2

Thanks! Is the fallback page usually set up in Marketo? Where would I find it?

SanfordWhiteman

Admin » Landing Pages.

Virginia_Smith
Level 2

Thanks for the help!