Re: Marketo Program / Saleforce Campaign sync issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Program / Saleforce Campaign sync issue

Hello Community,

We have an event program synced to a Saleforce campaign and for some reason not everyone is being synced over. There are 4 leads that, even though are marked as 'registered' in Saleforce, are not members of the program in Marketo. Does anybody have any idea what the issue could be? This is not a timing issue as it has persisted for at least 2 days.

Thanks,

Nick

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Nick Altenburg​,

Can you confirm if the program is fully synced and not using an "add to SFDC" flow steps to update a persons status in the SF campaign?

Thanks,

Gerard

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gerard,

Yes, it is fully synced. They are being registered in Salesforce, then the information is being pushed to the Marketo program.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

If it's only those 4 and others are syncing then I'm assuming the sync is correct and the campaign and program status' match eachother. Have you checked to make sure that the 4 leads that are not syncing are visible and not hidden from the Marketo Sync User in Salesforce?

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

In your SFDC instance do you have a requirement on any specific field? For example in my instance, we can't have 2 letter states, the states must be fully spelled out and if they aren't the record will not be created/ added. Given that only a few are blocked I don't think unsyncing the entire program will be the solution. I think the solution is to go to the record level, and make sure everything is completed in the proper way.

Luke_Wotton
Level 4

Try unsyncing the program in Marketo and resyncing it, see if that pushes them through.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nick

Also, a couple of things that can make the sync fail :

• Discrepancies between the member statuses in Marketo and SFDC. If the SFDC campaign has member statuses that differ from Marketo member statuses, the sync will fail. Compare the SFDC campaign advanced setup with the program members statuses that show at the bottom of the program summary screen
  • If you have a sync filter that prevent some leads and/or contacts to flow from SFDC to Marketo. In this case, you can troubleshoot it by looking for the leads or contacts in Marketo. If they are not in Marketo, they are not in the program either.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nick,

Make sure that the tags in the marketo program are in sync with the member status. I faced the similar problem and after mapping the statuses the problem got resolved.

Vipula

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, this is what I wrote