Re: Marketo Migration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Migration

Hi,

We are planning to migrate our Marketo programs and forms from one production Instance to completely new Marketo production instance. Marketo support said they will open the bridge between the two instance.

Do we need to create all fields in new instance which are used in OLD instance

Do we need to create from in new instance from scratch or it would be automatic push from one production instance to another production instance.

Do we need to create all the landing page template, email template before migrating the landing page and form or it would automatically migrate during the migration of program?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Michael_White
Level 5

Re: Marketo Migration

Hi Ashok -

I recommend checking out the Docs article on Importing Programs: Import a Program - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

The breakdown for assets in Imported Programs is as follows:

• Email Templates: Email templates are automatically imported and created unless one with the same name exists.
  • Landing Page Templates: Landing page templates are imported into the design studio. You can use conflict rules to configure behavior when a template with the same name exists. Using the default rule, a number will be appended to a landing page template if one with the same name exists. For example, a landing page template named Standard Template 1 will be created if one named Standard Template exists.
  • Images: Images used by landing pages are imported into the design studio unless one with the same name exists.
  • Tokens: Tokens that live outside of a program will be converted to local tokens during the import process.
  • Program Tags: You can use conflict rules to control how program tags that do not exist in the destination account will be treated. Using the default rule will create the program tags, or you can choose to ignore the tags.
  • Forms: External forms will automatically be imported into the design studio unless one with the same name exists.

On custom fields, I believe that anything that isn't going to be synching from your CRM you will have to create on your own -- though I could be wrong here (and Marketo Support may be able to help).