SOLVED

Marketo Measure Sales Activity Help

Go to solution
Moredataplease
Level 1

Marketo Measure Sales Activity Help

Hi, Hoping someone can help us with a problem we are having. We are syncing Sales activities into touchpoints.  We have set up basic qualifiers within the logic to ensure that we are only counting successful conversations (email responses or phone conversations -- we don't include OOO messages, voicemails, etc.) 

The issue is that if a prospect responds multiple times to the same thread, every response logs an activity on the contract record and thus every individual response counts as an individual touchpoint, as opposed to the conversation counting as a single touchpoint. 

Is there a way to group activities, or to further qualify which touchpoints count? 

I was hoping I could suppress based on the combination of the last touchpoint channel + last touchpoint date to exclude same-day sales activities from counting as duplicate touchpoints but that doesn't seem to be possible. Is there anything I can do with a calculated field? Anything I'm not thinking of?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Marketo Measure Sales Activity Help

Instead of complicating things by setting complex suppression logic, why don't you add eligible people to a CRM campaign or set up a custom activity that gets updated when a person responds? Since the activity in the latter case is custom, you could set up rules to generate activities only when a person responds for the first time. You can generate the touchpoints in Marketo Measure based on these interactions/updates in the SFDC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Instead of complicating things by setting complex suppression logic, why don't you add eligible people to a CRM campaign or set up a custom activity that gets updated when a person responds? Since the activity in the latter case is custom, you could set up rules to generate activities only when a person responds for the first time. You can generate the touchpoints in Marketo Measure based on these interactions/updates in the SFDC.

Moredataplease
Level 1

Adding people to a CRM campaign could work but I think I would lose the Marketo Measure dynamic naming that uses the rep's name. That wouldn't be the end of the world except that our SFDC settings are tightly governed and it could take awhile before our admins are able to work on this, so I was hoping I could finalize this last piece without requiring help from their team but it may not be possible to do it without them. Our Marketo instance isn't 1:1 with Salesforce so I worry about relying on Marketo for this particular issue.