Marketo Link Tokens not functioning in emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marketo Link Tokens not functioning in emails

We aren't using dynamic content

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Are you using Dynamic content in this email? If yes, the {{my.link}} token that holds your URL will not work.

That's simply not true, Chirag!

[a] It doesn't matter if something in the email is using Dynamic Content, if the token in question isn't inside a dynamic element.

[b] A text {{my.token}} works inside and outside of Dynamic Content anyway.

You're probably thinking of Velocity (Email Script) tokens. Even so, those do work in an email that has Dynamic Content, though they aren't officially supported inside dynamic elements -- though there's a way to hack them inside the dynamic elements as well.

We need to put a stop to the idea that "an email with some Dynamic Content" turns off other features throughout the email. I realize there are docs that further this mistaken impression.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right and thanks for correction here! It's the dynamic element and not an email with dynamic content in general.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Except a text {{my.token}} also works inside an element that's been made dynamic, so that still isn't right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jake.

I actually have the Same problem with the Sandbox.Tracking Links are not working as seems that the Domain for those Tracking Links is not registered within the DNS.

I followed the Advice of removing the "Tracking Link" of the Email template and the Landing Page works just fine, however we need the Tracking Enabled in order to pre-fill some of the Data.

I think, we will need to raise a Support Case.