Re: Marketo Landing Page Developers - Local build tool

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Landing Page Developers - Local build tool

Marketo Guided Template Builder - Chrome Web Store

When building Marketo Guided Templates, you can build them locally and make use of Marketo's meta tag commands. Now you don't need to insert the template into Marketo to test it. This should speed up template building a bit.

This tool when activated will parse your template file, take the meta tags and switch out the values. Rendering your template correctly as your users will see. This will allow you to test and build your templates while still using the templating meta tags correctly but without the headache of uploading the file and going to the URL.

I have recently moved from Marketing to Engineering. If the value and request is high enough, I will update the extension to allow for input values to be through the browser allowing for another level of live interactions and development without having to go into Marketo. This will easily speed up all template building.

5 REPLIES 5
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Not all heroes wear capes!

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Unless you also wear a cape that is, which is totally cool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes... Doug Funny Style

If you want to collaborate and build it out further hit me up. * my company is changing Marketo instances so I am not sure but I think I might loose my account name.

If Marketo wanted to throw some money at this. I would absolutely build all of the template features and behaviors for email and landing pages into the extension in order to develop outside of Marketo.

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

You can ask to have your new Community profile merged with your existing community profile when the switch is made.

Happy to collaborate.. what's next? The UI piece, ie, sliders and other widgets as you'd see in the editor?

What's your stack for building out landing pages at the moment?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually stopped building out landing pages. I made a transfer from Marketing to Engineering. I just decided to share the extension because I don't think I ever did. I built it for my comfort. Shared it with a few people then changed teams. It's been sitting there doing nothing but collecting dust. So I thought I would share it. I would love to take it to an end product state though.

Ping me on linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/ankiewicz/

I am Javascript guy though, for my stack currently; MERN. For the chrome extension it's just jQuery though. We can chat their and I will share the repo so we can build.