SOLVED

Marketo/GoToWebinar Integration

Go to solution
Kristin_Magyari
Level 2

Marketo/GoToWebinar Integration

Hi everyone -

So I was able to successfully integrate Marketo with GoToWebinar and I've set up a landing page/form in Marketo, associated it with a specific webinar in my GoToWebinar account under Event Settings in Marketo, and I tested the form. It worked correctly and passed my data from Marketo to GoToWebinar.

Now - This is where I'm getting stuck: Is there a way to create a smart list in Marketo to view those who actually attend the webinar? Does the integration pass data from GoToWebinar to Marketo?

I appreciate your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Marketo/GoToWebinar Integration

After your event GoToWebinar will push the attended/no show statuses automatically, they're pretty fast at updating.

I've added to 'Attended' list in the past because On Demand viewing can overwrite 'attended' status so you lose the reporting of '10 people attended live and 5 no shows' because within a few weeks it shows '7 people viewed on demand, 1 no show and 7 attended'. You can lose the accuracy if you're tracking that way. 

You can avoid this by having on demand be a different program so you preserve the original attendee/no show numbers or by adding to a list that you can reference later 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The integration will change the Program Status of the leads after the webinar is over.

Adam_Berlin
Level 2

Something we do, which proves useful when someone wants the Attended number and we want to be able to reference it quickly and easily, is to create a local List called "Attended" and then add a flow step in the Attended Smart Campaign to add to that List.

SanfordWhiteman

Since Attended is a Success status, how is that easier than looking at the Program itself?

Just something else to remember to include, when Marketo presents the status numbers already, in 2 different places at that.

The only reason to use a separate static List would be in the very rare case where you want to stamp people as having once been at a progression status, even if they have since moved past/sideways from the status.

Kristin_Magyari
Level 2

Thank you for the help!

Kristin_Magyari
Level 2

Thanks, I appreciate your insights!

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

After your event GoToWebinar will push the attended/no show statuses automatically, they're pretty fast at updating.

I've added to 'Attended' list in the past because On Demand viewing can overwrite 'attended' status so you lose the reporting of '10 people attended live and 5 no shows' because within a few weeks it shows '7 people viewed on demand, 1 no show and 7 attended'. You can lose the accuracy if you're tracking that way. 

You can avoid this by having on demand be a different program so you preserve the original attendee/no show numbers or by adding to a list that you can reference later 🙂

SanfordWhiteman

You can solve for that move from Attended to Attended on Demand being lost by detecting the status change in a trigger and moving them to a separate status like Attended and Viewed Archive.

Kristin_Magyari
Level 2

Awesome, thanks!