Marketo Form not creating new leads in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo Form not creating new leads in SFDC

I have an email blast Smart Campaign set up to:
  1. Grab filtered leads from SFDC to populate the campaign
  2. Send emails
  3. click to a form to register for event
When the recipient of the email fills out form, Marketo updates activity in SFDC...great.

My problem: When the original recipient forwards the email to someone else (which I want them to be able to do), and that new person is NOT in SFDC, and fills out the form (including last name and company), the new lead is not being created in SFDC. What is wrong? I have only 2 flow steps: Send email & Sync Lead to SFDC (with a Choice that says if form filled out assign to me).

How do I get these new leads to sunc to SFDC?

Bob
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Marketo Form not creating new leads in SFDC

You need to add the flow step 'Add to SFDC Campaign' this will check to see if they exist in SFDC before syncing over.
You also should have a smart campaign running when new leads are created in Marketo (source not from SFDC) to automatically sync to SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I don't have a corresponding SFDC campaign, must I create one?

I am not sure I understand your 2nd point. My campaign starts with leads from SFDC and hopes to build new ones from there. Are you saying I need some kind of other campaign in this mix as well?

Thanks for your help.

Bob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, your input helped me get it right. I don't need an SFDC campaign, but I do need the distinct non-sfdc campaign running first.