SOLVED

Marketo form fill spam from specific person

Go to solution
a-mitch
Level 1

Marketo form fill spam from specific person

We have one 'lead' that has been spamming our customer team by filling out multiple different forms on our website each day with the same message. This has been an ongoing occurrence (for a couple years), and the message is not relevant to our business.

We have tried reaching out to this person multiple times in the past to point them to the correct business that could help with their enquiry, but this person continues to spam us.

I have been asked by our customer team if there is a way I can stop this person from filling out our forms, or the internal alerts that come with this. I am wondering if it is possible to:

a) block this person from filling out any of our forms

b) allow him to fill out the forms but stop all internal alerts to our customer team when this person fills any of the forms (we have 10 different forms on our website)

c) any other ideas on how to deal with this

Thought and ideas welcomed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo form fill spam from specific person

Are  you certain that it's an actual human interacting with the page, and not a malicious app?  Do they have Visit Web Page activity as well?

If it's an actual form fillout, like a human who is obsessed with your site and fills out your form in the normal end-user way, that's easy to ignore with a bit of JavaScript. But an automated submission via an app isn't stoppable in this way.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Marketo form fill spam from specific person

Are  you certain that it's an actual human interacting with the page, and not a malicious app?  Do they have Visit Web Page activity as well?

If it's an actual form fillout, like a human who is obsessed with your site and fills out your form in the normal end-user way, that's easy to ignore with a bit of JavaScript. But an automated submission via an app isn't stoppable in this way.