Re: Marketo Email Template Designs

Denise_Valles
Level 3

So you cant just insert the code using the HTML editor in design builder?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Email Designer only lets you edit (HTML or WYSIWYG) select portions of the email as defined by the DIV tags that Naor mentioned.  If you want to change the layout, you either have to revise the template upon which the email is based, create a new template and create a new email basedon that or start with the Blank template and completely start from scratch (although you can paste much of the HTML from another source if you wish).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your email template is a very important branding element for your marketo efforts.I'm frugal too, but sense this would be a good place to spend employ an talented HTML resource.

I have intermediate HTML skills and have been tinkering with responsive design recently. As others have said, building a responsive email template is fairly routine for those who have HTML skills. I've found value in starting with code from MailChimp (www.mailchimp.com) or Campaign Monitor (http://www.campaignmonitor.com/templates/). These vendors share their tempates, they've solved the basics for media queries, column width and effective use of white space. What's more they seem to have done a solid job with cross browser and cross email client compatibility. Not sure if I'll trust myself in the end, but I'm learning a lot along the way.

Adding the marketo classes for editable areas and finalizing fonts and colors is pretty routine stuff for those with skills.

Bill Freedman
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.emailology.org has some great tips and templates as well.  You will need to revise any 3rd party template to have editable DIVs for Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since your email template is such a very important branding element for Marketo efforts, and it is currently so HARD and frustrating to code templates in Marketo, it seems to me it would behoove Marketo to invest more in bringing this part of their app up to speed with common email marketing tools in the market place so that plain 'ol everyday marketers who don't have the luxury of  team or a coder on staff can quickly get their work done. </rant>

Just sayin.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our company recently released a responsive email template builder that is fully Marketo comaptible for only $2 a template. You can customise colour palettes and layouts with a few clicks of a mouse. 

You can check it out here:
http://launchpoint.marketo.com/hoosh-marketing/1489-marketo-email-templates-builder/
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

While everyone is adding their two cents, I would like to add one more.

At this week's Marketo Summit, we introduced a brand new product, called Knak. Knak makes creating beautiful responsive Marketo templates, simple.

I am a Marketer, not a coder. I don't plan on ever learning how to code. But, I still want to make amazing Marketo templates on my own. I shouldn't need to hire an agency.

That is why we created Knak.

Knak allows Marketers to quickly and easily create their own Marketo template. They can customize it with their colors and logo, and even add their social media links. All with no coding required. From there, they can get the code and pop it into the Marketo WYSIWYG editor, and edit the email just like any other email.

We have tested all of our templates using Litmus, so you can be sure they work great across all email clients and devices.

Best part? You can build your first template for free! Simply go to www.knak.io and enter your email address to get started.

We already have over 100 users building their templates using Knak and are receiving amazing feedback. Let us know what you think...
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

First one is free, and then it is a small price 🙂
Fab_Capodicasa3
Level 4

Check the Email Template Builder from Hoosh Marketing. You can quickly create customized emails, with no coding required. There’s a Free trial on the website.seg?add=3901497&t=2

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

You can download free Marketo Guided Templates here: http://go.grazitti.com/free-responsive-email-templates-and-landing-pages.html